The recent post and recent comments widget is a tool to show your new visitor what’s currently happening with your blog without visit the home page. Blogger once had the official widget, but some glitch happened and I never see it on blogspot gadget list anymore.
I’m not sure why not many blogspot blogger use this trick, but you actually can add recent post and recent comments with feed link. They will appear in text link. Even better cos google bot crawl faster in text link than image link. Just follow this blogspot tutorial for beginner below:
1. Log in to your dashboard, and choose LayOut tab.
2. Click Add Gadget on sidebar or footer area. Depends where you wanna place the gadget.
2. On basic gadget list search for Feed Link, and click + button.
3. Now for Recent Post widget add your feed URL like this on the box:
4. Now you can customize as you like, see the pic below:
5. Now for Recent Comments, repeat steps 1 – 3, except on feed box, enter your comments feed URL, like this:
Click Continue, and customize it as you like.
6. Place the gadgets where ever you want. Save it and view blog.
It needs several minutes the post or comments show up after you publish them. See, it’s very easy, right?. Ask me if you have question. Thank you for reading!.